As I sit in my spare room typing on the eve of 2012, it feels natural to reflect on the past events of 2011. Resolutions are something I try to avoid as my will power is as weak as George Best’s was in a boozer, but for 2012, following a year of highs, lows and down-right shame, I am ready to announce some bold statements in a bid to improve day-to-day life for myself:
- To only watch the last 15 minutes of Hollywood romcoms. 2012 is not a year for sitting alone, 30 cms away from the tv screen crying into a box of cereal (see point 4) over Ryan Gosling.
- To never home-dye my hair again, unless for a fancy dress party (that will last ten months) or if I am planning to shave my head a la Britney immediately afterwards.
- To not lie about my nationality so I won’t be forced to join a new gym in another city. Holland is not such a big place.
- To not ride my bicycle after a date with Pinot, Grigio or their other (more aggressive) friend Vodka.
- To eat cereal from a bowl and not directly from the packet. Especially at work.
- Never offer anyone a lift in my car without seeing proper identification first.
- Not to make jokes about tampons to my male boss.
- Not to expose myself to any person in the medical profession unless they clearly ask – in writing.
- To ensure that the buttons on my blouse are done up correctly before accusing colleagues of being sexual predators.
No number 10 yet – I will leave that spot open for the inevitable horrors that await me at the New Year’s Eve party. At least I am honest with myself.
Happy New Year from me (and Ryan) and thanks for reading my ridiculous blog. Please continue to do so in 2012… big love! xx